Re: [IP] Need advice!

I recently traded up and am very glad I did.  I was totally happy with the 508
but realized the Paradigm is newer technology.  It's not perfect but the
Paradigm is simply a better pump in many ways;
  a.. The Paradigm is built much better than the 508, it has a much more solid
  b.. The AAA batteries last me about 2 weeks, probably because I use the
vibrate mode a lot.  But the cost is far less.
  c.. I miss the softclick of the 508 but have learned to do without it.
  d.. The menus are actually smoother and easier on the P. including the dual
wave which I use all the time.  Basel rate menus are much easier.  All
programming is easier.
  e.. I use the 6mm Quickset on the P.  The part that attaches to the
reservoir is the only thing different.
  f.. The reservoir loading system is better.
  g.. Though MM says it only holds 150 units after priming, I routinely get
165-170 units.
  h.. The Paradigm is rated water tight  IPX 8  ( up to a depth of 8 ft for 30
min.).  I' ve been in the Pacific Ocean and several swimming pools for hours
at a time with no problem.  The 508 is rated water resistant IPX 7, which
means you might get by taking it in the shower.
Good luck with your choice,    John