Re: [IP] Why Can't I Feel Sorry For Myself ... YES YOU CAN

I agree mostly with what people have already written with regards to this,
but had to get my two cents in on this one.

I really HATE it when people compare!  We are all made up so differently
both physically and emotionally and to me if we try to do the best we can
and not wallow in shit then it is ok.  Over the last 10 months I really
hate the comparing even more then ever.  I was in a serious accident.  It
has been a nightmare since.  Many surgeries, many infections, many hospital
stays, etc, and it is still not over.  I had so many people who have said
"how do you do it? I couldn't do it."  Yadda Yadda.  They have also made
comments about things that are going on in their lives and catch themselves
and say oh I shouldn't complain for what you are going through is much
worse.  BULL Poopie on that!  We all have "shit" to deal with in our lives
and at the time one person struggle regardless of what it is is their
struggle and they are having a difficult time.  Believe you me I have had
more then my share of pity parties over the last 10 months, but I've also
tried to make the best of a really bad and scary situation.  The only time
I got really angry with someone was when a friend was complaining about
having to walk further.  ARG, I would give anything to be able to walk
around the block.

Being in an accident sucks, diabetes sucks, cancer sucks, Dang life sucks,
but if we can make the best of what we have then I truly believe we also
have the right to feel sorry for ourselves from time to time.  So I say
cheers to feeling sorry for ourselves.  Enjoy it and then move on.

On May 13th I was doing my darndist to have a pity party.  I had just
gotten out of the hospital a week ago, on May 12th the daughter of a very
special lady and friend had died in the burn unit, and on May 13th I was
being re admitted for acute kidney failure and CDIF ( don't ask ).  I had
no veins left and they had to get an IV in me and fast.  I landed in the
same room that I had started out in 9 months earlier.  It was also the room
that another patient ( who I had gotten to know the family really well )
had died.  Let's just say I was not a happy camper.  So the swat nurse (
supposed IV expert ) comes in and tries to put in IV in me.  Two hours
later she finally got one in.  I was screaming I am going to f(*(&**g die
in this room.  I really wanted to for I was one sick puppy.  This swat
nurse was trying to console me.  I just looked at her and said have you
been through what I have gone through in the last 9 months?  Well no, then
good shut the f((*& up.  I have a right to my pity party for just a few
hours.  Thank goodness Steve was there cheering me on.  :-)  By morning I
was feeling much better and was glad I had my little party and was in much
better spirits to handle the day.  :-)

OK, I'll Shuddup now.  :-)