Re: [IP] % of getting diabetes if father has Type 1

> I'm wondering if anybody has a chart showing the probability/% of
> getting diabetes if the father of the child is diabetic (Type 1)?

If there is such a chart, I still wouldn't bet the farm on it. I personally
have known a T-1 father who had a dtr with T-1 - and she had a son w/T-1.
I've known mothers w/T-1 who have had dtrs w/T-1. There is/was a lady on
this list w/five of her nine children w/T-1 (are my #'s correct?) and I
believe that included twins. There are twins where one has DM and not the
other. In almost 52 years I'm still the only one in my family - there are
others like that. Statistics are not *proof* of anything (huh? Jim H.) -
just numbers that show what has happened - and there are numbers to show
what has not happened in the same chart. It's not 100% proof of what will or
will not be. (~_^)

You never can beat your genes at their game ~ Dr. Bender (spot)