From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 8:19 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Why Can't I Feel Sorry For Myself

Hi Jenni - and all the IPer's

I think the occasional "why me" is entirely reasonable. This is our lot in
life but to sometimes resent it a bit is perfectly normal - we must guard
against blaming everything on the big "D".

My example was last week - I was on a cruise celebrating our 10th
anniversary - it was absolutely wonderful! Dax made enjoying the food a good
experience. My "why me" moment was one evening when I was having some bad
BG's - I had accidentily come un-hooked (I think I didn't get it locked in
after my shower - I've never done that before) - anyway - I apparently
didn't get ANY of my dinner bolus - plus I was a bit high to begin with. So
my 2 hr post was 455! So as we were in one of the lounges watching people
dance I was extremely resentful of all these women who were up and down and
not worrying about purses (on a ship you don't have to carry anytying but
your room key/charge card) - meanwhile I was sitting there with my big old
bag with my meter in it - that night I wasn't drinking either cuz of the
BG's - it wasn't my favorite evening.

But the very next night - all was well - so I left my meter in the cabin -
and we danced the night away up in the Viking Crown Lounge for the "70's
Disco Night" - I enjoyed a margarita and BG's that were on target.

So all in all - it was great, I managed well but just the momentary lapse.

Linda & Dax