Re: [IP] Why Can't I Feel Sorry For Myself

Whenever I talk to almost anyone about the negatives of my health, I try to
wrap it up with, "But compared to many other diabetics, I'm actually in
great shape."  This lets them off the hook for having to make me feel
better, and leaves them thinking (I hope):  "She certainly handles this
terrible thing gracefully!"  And I really do try to remind myself that, in
fact, I am "lucky" that I'm not in much worse shape!