[IP] FW: Comments Requested on Research Protocol Support Recommendatio n

I thought this might be of interest.  Public comment is invited.

Jim Handsfield

-----Original Message-----
From: Niemoeller, Larry [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 8:32 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Comments Requested on Research Protocol Support Recommendation

(August 9, 2002) The Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP) is
proposing to recommend DHHS support of a research protocol entitled
"Precursors to Diabetes in Japanese American Youth" published on August 7,
2002 (67 FR 51283-51284). This proposed research would include children as
research subjects. OHRP has reviewed the protocol and findings of an expert
panel and proposes to recommend approval for HHS support of this research
protocol. Public comment on proposed recommendation must be received on or
before August 21, 2002. A copy of the Federal Register notice (PDF Format),
may be viewed at: http://ohrp.osophs.dhhs.gov/references/youth.pdf [PDF