Re: [IP] waiting for a cure?

At 02:12 AM 8/12/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Allison wrote:
> > Once you're cured, what is the first thing you're going to
> > do? Go to Africa? Throw a huge party? Eat lots and lots of cake?
>Now, why oh why, would I wait for a CURE to do any of those things????  i
>ahve never let diabetes stop me from doing anything, so why will a CURE be
>any different, other than I won't have to tote an extra bag of supplies

I had the same reaction.  I thought what would I do first.  Hmm, I guess I
am already doing it.  I so agree, why wait for a cure that I believe will
never happen in my life time.

>I want a cure, don't get me wrong, but I sure am not ON HOLD until it comes

Amen!  I think one would be nuts to not want a cure, but why put life on
hold.  I have learned this from having diabetes for 40 years plus my recent
accident.  Life is so precious and short, live it while you can for ya
never know what can happen.

>why don't we just get busy living our lives, and eating the damn
>cake now!!

Ok, I shall

>Sara Smarty Pants AZ

Fran, BB in AZ
BBAZ  :-)

PS.  No AZ will never be the same with the two of us here.