[IP] a cure to me...

In a message dated 8/12/02 10:50:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

well sspaz,

different things for different people...to me, a closed loop artificial
pancreas is NOT a trade off! what am i trading off??  my paradigm insulin
pump which i manually control for a closed loop system which controls itself
automatically, and for which i NO LONGER need to worry about my blood sugar
swings and constant finger pricking???!!!!!

 an artificial pancreas does not need any immunosuppressants...to me, there
are NO drawbacks to the system, aside from the fact that its not here TODAY!!

   but soon  enough...the implanted pump which is the foundation for the
minimed closed loop system is already on the market in europe, and the
implanted long term glucose sensor has already proved reliable, safe and
effective in HUMAN (not animal) clinical studies...the algorithm between the
pump and the sensor is just being perfected..

        the closed loop system has already been developed...its just a matter
of which pump company will come out with the best one first (most likely,

                   to me....THIS IS THE ONLY CURE I NEED...or at least GOOD
ENOUGH for the foreseeable future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!