[IP] Re; Hormone fluctuations

Tina wrote:

Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 13:04:53 -0700
From: "Tina Parkhurst"
<email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] For the women...

For the women (pre-menopausal?) pumpers here in the
group -

How many of you have a tough time managing your BG
numbers over the
of the month due to hormone fluctuations?
* * * * * *
Tina - I am sympathizing with you.  I've have been
spayed now, but before that I had horrendous swings in
BG several days before.  Then when my period started,
I would be fine.  Every month!!!  My internist said
that was impossible - he had never heard anything like
that.  He said I must be eating something that raised
my Blood sugar.   EVERY MONTH???  Gimme a break - I'm
here to tell you it happened to me!!  I just had to
try to increase my insulin before each meal (MDI at
that time) and hope for the best.  I think maybe you
could try programming in an increased basal rate to
use for those few days and then go back to your
Good luck,  Pat

Do You Yahoo!?
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs