Re: [IP] For the women...

--- Tina Parkhurst <email @ redacted> wrote:
> For the women (pre-menopausal?) pumpers here in
> group -
> How many of you have a tough time managing your
> numbers over the course
> of the month due to hormone flucuations?
I managed the 3 day pms highs relatively well with
increases in bolus. But now that I've obviously moved
into the next stage(skipping periods, ect) it's a
whole new ball game.  I have had  4-5 days when  it
didn't seem to matter how much insulin I took I
couldn't get the bs below 200. These days have no
rhyme or reason and appear and disappear within no
time table.  I kept looking for reasons(bad sites, bad
insulin etc) before I realized that this must be
insulin resistance. On the flip side I become very
insulin sensitive at other times. I used to drop 50-60
points /unit, Now in the resistant times 1 unit may
budge me 30 points and the rest of the time it's 1
unit for a 100 point drop. There is no end to this
puzzle called diabetes.

Do You Yahoo!?
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs