Re: Re: [IP] Re: Article in Philadelphia Inquirer (8/9) & oranges

 George wrote:
"I think that doctors are coming around to seeing how valuable a therapy
pumping is for type 2's also."

Also, with Medicare now basing approved coverage on clinical factors without
wanting to know "Type", more private insurers are rethinking their approval
systems.  Of course, we feel there's still a long way to go since even
Medicare basically wants to see someone without effective control before
covering pump costs.   We think pumping should be an option for any person
with diabetes who requires insulin.  Granted, not everyone wants to pump
(YMMV), but to us, it should be a person's not an insurance company's
choice.  And yes, the pump companies are out there trying to help insurance
companies reorient, but again, that bottom line is a big factor even though
in the long run complications can cost more....
Oh, BTW when I was in college, roomed with nursing majors who practiced
injection techniques on oranges; of course, I had to learn, too (honorary
nursing major was the name), and we used vodka for the medium.  Ah, let the
orange sit on the window sill for a couple of days, and zingo, what a great
orange.  Our campus was a dry one so we'd sneak the vodka in by putting it
in clean cough syrup bottles.  And yes, Hubby was given oranges for practice
injections when he went on insulin.

Marj of Marj; Mike (I'm not into computers, but glad to be on this list);
and "Ace, the PP" (portable pancreas)