[IP] PC/Macs

On 8/12/02 10:40 AM, "insulin-pumpers-digest" <email @ redacted>

> Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 10:30:12 +0000
> From: Billie Sue Parker <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] Mac Compatable Glucose Meters
> but is there a compatible cable for an iMac.  I have an  iMac which is USB
> and the Lifescan cable that I received is not ?
> Billie

When I did the software through Virtual PC, I had to use the Lifescan and
also the DEX cable with a Keyspan Serial to USB adapter. Keyspan can be a
temperamental thing, but the most that would happen is the thing won't
recognize for a time or two. By unplugging and re-plugging in the USB, it
does work, but *I* would like to see a USB cable for this service.

Even many modern PC's are phasing out the serial port, but when I got the
Lifescan cable and it was a 24 pin Serial, I seriously wondered about their
tech people.

Pocket PC's Use Windows 'CE', Home users are using 'ME' and business users
use 'NT'. So if you are using Windows, you can get into CE ME NT which can
become very heavy. <VBG>

Jenny Sutherland