[IP] our trip to Japan

I just got back from a three week trip to Japan and wanted to share how much
easier traveling, especially long distances has been since getting on the
pump.  The time difference is 13 hours and I was able to transition both ways
with little difficulty.  In addition, there were days that we did a
tremendous amount of walking and ate only ices for lunch since it was very
hot and by testing I was able to handle most of these days with little
difficulty.  The one thing that was quite different was my reaction to eating
noodles in Japan.  I did not have the same long term reaction to their
noodles as I do to eating pasta here in the States.  I think they use less
refined sugars in their udon and soba noodles.  So initially I tended to
overtreat but learned after a while how my body reacted.  I had my only
really bad low bg a few days after I came home.  I used Frio to carry extra
insulin and that also worked out great.  Debby