[IP] the "OLD" days

I am still quite young (compared to some of you OLD farts) but I do remember
some pretty weird stuff from back then when trees had not yet been invented.
I still remember the first dirt. (No one thought it would catch on).

Did anyone ever use the striker pad on a match book to sharpen their
needles? I went off to MAINE to go to school and Tab had just been
"invented" and was NOT available up there. The only diet drink was diet
MOXIE. Of course there was also diet Kool Aid. I did not do well with
saccharine (how the heck DO you spell that, anyway?) I would get TERRIBLE
heartburn in the middle of the night from that stuff. I still cannot stand
it. Cyclamate was a Godsend for me.

When I was hospitalized at the Ohio State University hospital I headed
straight for the library on the diabetic floor to "look up stuff". I was
seventeen years old. One of the nurses "caught me" in there and told me I
would have to leave. I asked her why and she just left to get security. My
physician wrote me a special note saying I could spend as much time in the
library as I needed.

To this day I am not sure whether they were trying to "protect" ME or the

Nick Trubov
and all the little Trubovs
Lorree, Eupie & Corbin