[IP] remeber? - sharpening needles

George said:
>>>  I remember sharpening my 24 gaugers with a whet stone.  It makes me
when some react in horror seeing those pictures from the B&D advertising
trying to keep Dmers from reusing needles.   I wonder what my needle would
have looked like under the microscope.   I remember one of the
qualifications I used to determine if it needed sharpening was if it "hung"
on coming back out.         ;>)  <<<

Good point, George.  I never made the connection with BDs ads and the old
needle sharpening days.  I determined the need for sharpening the same way
you did despite being instructed to insert the needle into a ball of cotton.
If it snagged a strand of cotton while pulling it out, it was in need of

John Kinsley
Type 1 - 1956
MiniMed 507 - 1998