[IP] remember

When I started out in diabetes education more years ago than I care to admit,
we used oranges to teach insulin. In later years I used non soap surgical
sponges, the kind doctors and nurses use to scrub their hands. They were
about 2 inches thick, and had about the same texture as skin and fat. I had
people practice drawing up insulin, but actually inject the sponge with air
so it didn't leak like oranges did.

Anne Geller RN, CDE