Re: [IP] JV worries

I hope he can handle it but the older these guys get - the more aggressive
they play and they're out for blood starting about this age - about anything
goes on the soccer field and being such a large playing area they will try to
get away with anything and everything they can - with only 2 refs - they
can't see everything that goes on.  You will have to be vigalent with his dia
betes and depending upon his personality - how much he'll let mom interact on
and off the soccer field - around his non-d friends, etc. remains to be seen.
 But high school soccer is going to be different than his club teams when he
was younger. My 16 yo son's played soccer since he was 5 and I've never known
of a diabetic child playing (of course, parents aren't going to advertise it
and there's no reason for anyone else to know if you're at the games - but
when they get older, esp. high school age, I think there's such competition
and so many kids out for soccer from huge schools, that, unfortunately, the
d-children or any other child, for that matter, with a serious disease, gets
weeded out.  Plus, on the school physical form - they ask all these
questions, one of which is your child diabetic.  Not that they are forbidden
to play but with all else being equal - and 20 "healthy" children that are
raring to play, and other perfectly healthy kids getting cut from the team, I
think usually diabetic children, unfortunately, don't make the cut.  Just my
opinion, - if your child, however, even with diabetes, is a exceptional
player, he will get to play, d or non-d.  Good luck!  Tammy