Re: [IP] remember?

Well for my memories, I was dxd January 1964 at 13 in for 14 days. They first
thought I had leukemia.  Learned injections via orange. I remember itching
until my body got use to the insulin.  Did exchanges and counted CRUMBS boy
was I hungry. Remember they let me have an extra piece of bread one time I
called my mom on payphone from hospital and said mom bring me a LOAF of bread
they let me have another piece. I used glass syringes and metal needles.  I
went to family doctor every two weeks for blood test for glucose monitoring.
I used sucrose and saccharin pills in cold cereal.  I remember having my
first low at home and mom held me in bed and said I dont know how to fix it
but I wont leave you.  I let mom give me my first shot at home she drew blood
that was last time anyone gave me a shot. I remember fizzles in tube for
urine test.
My first husband was told in 1968 not to get me pregnant (I had 7
miscarriages by then) because next one would kill me because of the diabetes.
 He wouldnt and we divorced but I do have one beautiful son now 28 from
second marriage.  I left the hospital after his birth on Christmas day and my
endo told me if I was going to drink alcohol mix it with diet soda so my
sugar wouldnt run high.  My son's just been dxd with Type 2 in May his
father's side lol.  Remember Diet Rite cola and Tab and I also think Im a
laboratory rat from all the saccharine Ive injested to date.  Remember coming
home from hospital in January of 64 and being told I could have chocolate
candy but only Dark cause that didnt have any sugar in it.
Wow what memories! And they are just a few.  Love the pump love the group
HATE diabetes!  Jan