[IP]diet drinks and injecting oranges

when I was dx'd in the early "80's"the only diet drink we could find was
TAB and FAGO. the FAGO was great it came in all kinds of flavors,but still
to this day love the taste of TAB. also when I spent my first several weeks
in the hospital they had me on R and NPH beef and pork insulin. they would
come to my room several times a day with two vials. one was clear water and
the other had red water in it. they would have me practice drawing up the
two and inject any orange. several times the endo. and his nurse let me
stick them.the hardest adjustment for me as a 7 year old in the south was
to give up ice tea and homemade ice cream.all we had to make the tea was
sweet and low, saccharin, and that clear crap in the clear and blue bottle.
Phil Davis