Re: [IP] Re: Article in Philadelphia Inquirer (8/9)

> It is not us that were "cheated".   We are on the pump, we have the
> improvement in control and enjoyment of life.   It was all the diabetic
> readers who are NOT on the pump.   They are the ones that really lost out.
> George

Right on, George! If there are about 150,000 U.S. pumpers, that means there
are something like 900,000 Type 1's on MDI. Most of them probably don't know
what they are missing, as was my case prior to 2001. The sad thing is I bet
many of them have doctors who tell them they are fine or that pumping isn't
for them etc. etc. as was my case until I found a "pump-friendly" endo.

Despite having to wait 37 years for a pump, I still feel lucky. But note
that it was only because I was losing my vision that the insurance was
willing to cover it. Do all those other Type 1's have to wait until they
suffer complications to get "approved"? And what about the pump
companies--couldn't they help educate the media/public/docs/insurance etc.?
It would be to their benefit....