First injections, still using oranges? Re: [IP] remember?

Jon was diagnosed Aug 8, 2000.  He was first injected by the emergency doc and
then the next day by the nurse.  By noon the next day we had gone through
training and then again after lunch.  By the time we were back for supper, I was
supposed to inject his insulin.  I was allowed to practice once on the nurse with
saline (bless her heart) and then once on myself (my choice) and then give his
insulin.  I remember not being able to give the nurse her injection at first and
kind of froze a bit but then saw the expectant look on Jon's face and thought, "I
have to suck this up and just do it", so I did.  After that it wasn't so bad.
Now, of course, I don't give it a second thought.  Jon will give me an injection
of saline every once in a while and also will give his stuffed animals "insulin"
(saline) and tell them, "It's ok to be scared but I'll take good care of you".
<sniff> He is very good about his infusions, injections and finger pokes.  Never
bats an eye.  Never did.

Susan
Susan - Mom to Jonathan - 5, dx 08/00, pumping since 03/02, Nicholas - 3,
Katrina- 11, Danny - 15 and Julianna - 17.