Re: [IP] remember?

email @ redacted writes:

> Question for the IP list: Are newly diagnosed Type 1's still using oranges?

Tom I started this orange post, so I will tell a little more of the story. I
was in my second year of camp at Camp Joslin. I was in the youngest group
there. It was in July of 1951. They gave a class of how to inject insulin. At
that time we were shown how to roll the bottle to mix the new NPH. We then
put at least as much air into the bottle as we were going to draw out. I
recall asking the nurse if we could eat the orange after we were done. She
said NO! I was 6 at didn't start for 3 more years. I can still hear my
mothers wedding rings hitting the glass insulin bottle Roger Campbell (dx
12/1/47 pm 5/7/00)