[IP] Re: Citrus injections...

On 8/9/02 10:18 PM, "insulin-pumpers-digest" <email @ redacted>

> i'm loving all these injected citrus fruit stories. :)  i quite vividly
> remember my first insulin injection that i took part in.  i went to the
> diabetes clinic first thing in the morning - before breakfast of course -
> and the nurse went over how to prepare the pen, all the usual stuff

I have a box desk calendar of medical bloopers and there was a tale by an ER

"We always had one patient being brought in for DKA. She was elderly and we
were concerned she was not remembering to take her insulin. So, the
Endocrinologist and I went to her room and asked her if she remembered her
shots. She said she did them faithfully, every day at the same time. We
asked her to show us how she took her injection. She brought an orange out
of her bag, and the vials of insulin with her syringe, measured up her dose.
She injected the orange with the fluid....and then ate the orange."
Pocket PC's Use Windows 'CE', Home users are using 'ME' and business users
use 'NT'. So if you are using Windows, you can get into CE ME NT which can
become very heavy. <VBG>

Jenny Sutherland