Re: [IP] leg sites

In a message dated 8/7/02 11:10:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> someone asked about results in leg sites....
> i think many people would agree that they find quicker absorption of the
> insulin when htey use a leg site rather than a more fat padded area, such
> as
> the buttocks or abdomen.  It is a fact that insulin is transported more
> quickly in muscle than in fat, perhaps because of the more efficient blood
> flow?  I don't tknow the exact physiology but even in the dark ages of the
> 70s when I was diagnosed, my doctor told me not to inject into my legs on
> the
> days i was going skiing.
> I love leg sites, personally, because of the predictably quick absorbtion.
> My problem is I will invariably forget it is THERE and rip the sucker out
> as
> I shuck my trousers running to the bathroom having waited too long to
> stroll
> to the wc in a more relaxed fashion...
> Another problem i have with my legs is that I have very little fat on my
> legs
> - yes that is a problem, smart ass....the silhouettes leave a large bump
> under the skin - not a "pump bump where the canula went in, but more a
> raised
> lump about an inch or so in diameter.  It is usually "visible" for about a
> week, but I can feel the lump under the skin for up to a month...
> Leg sites are especially handy when you are having laparotomeys (sp) and
> other stomach surgeries...

    Thank you so much for your reply!  I was reluctant to try the leg site
because I  had so many bad and sudden insulin reactions when injecting into
my thighs with a syringe, before I started on the pump, and was wondering if
I would get the same results with a pump site, or if it would not be as
intense of a low as it was when I was injecting.  I'd like to try it because
my stomach needs a rest.
                                            Thank you,