Re: [IP] remember?

> Question for the IP list: Are newly diagnosed Type 1's still using
> Tom Beatson
> dx 12/9/42, 506 1995, 508 2000

    Caitlyn was dx'd in 1996 and we used the orange method.  I remember
thinking that it was easy to stab an orange... it wasn't my 20 month old
baby girl.  My mom had a hard time practicing on the orange however. I was
living with her at the time and needed her to learn everything as she was
taking care of Caitlyn while I was at work.  Caitlyn got her turn when she
went on the pump.  She inserted my set on the loaner pump I had borrowed!
Oranges make a lot of sense, I don't see why they would change it for MDI.

Carrie, mom to Caitlyn, dx'd 20 months, 7 y.o. pumping for two years!