[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #515

>I really
>wish there was some way of mass educating people of actually how healthy we
>are.  I honestly think that we are more healthy than the average person.
Hell!  I would be happy the the average emergency room doctor goof would
learn a little about diabetes and something about the pump.
When I walked into the e.r., they demanded I take off the pump and leave
it out side.  I am just oh so lucky that they didn't make me rip the
pacemaker out
of my heart.
They wanted to do an MRI...I was told it is usual and customary procedure.
That just happens to be a big no  no for anyone with a pacemaker.
It is called instant death.
What a medical system!!!  This has happened in three hospitals  in
different counties of So. California.  One a big time university hospital.
What would one do if one were unconscious and incapable of stopping the
procedure?  I even have a MedicAlert and no one looked at it.
My motto is now go to a hospital and die.