Re: [IP] Used strips in school (Re:back to school issues)

> > It's worth noting that NIOSH and OSHA have both concluded that used test
> > strips are *NOT*, repeat *NOT* a biohazard waste.  You may just throw them
> > away.
> >

> But Jim,  WHERE can I find this in print???????????????
>
> Prepping to deal with the "butthead nurse team" at our school next
> week. If it's not in writing they NEVER believe it.
>
> Sincerely,

OSHA section 1910 covers bloodbourne pathogens. With respect to test
strips, the following would apply. See:

http://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/
owadisp.show_document?p_table=INTERPRETATIONS&p_id=21010

and

http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/cgi/archives/
mail-insulin-pumpers/Mar2000/msg01344

Michael