[IP] Gatroparesis and the replacement for propulsid

> Does anybody know what the 'recommmended' drug for gastro is currently
> (in the US)??
> I know when I had it years ago I took propulsid but it is now on
> 'special case only' usage.

> One (or more) of my kids has a mitochondrial metabolic disorder which
> causes weakness and all kinds of strange side effects, in this case
> the equivelence of gastro.

> The doctor recommended reglan but this seems to put the poor kid to
> sleep (and as soon as she wakes up she has to take the next one).

There is no replacement drug. Propulsid is available from Janssen for
compassionate use. Erythromycin has the same action. Reglan is not as
effective and is a depessant drug. Perhaps you can get Propulcid in
Mexico or Europe. I think it has been removed from the Canadian Health
System Formulary. spot

A. L. Bender, M. D.