[IP] Re: Debbie and the "old days"

Debbie and all -

Your story of licking the crumbs off your plate (to get the last morsel of
food) reminded me of my own remedy for hunger back in the '50s.  Oh, and I
also licked any crumb I could find!

As a newly -diagnosed 8-year-old diabetic in the hospital, my diet plan was
extremely paltry and I was often ravenously hungry, but of course they
wouldn't give me anymore food.  My solution?  I sprinkled salt into the
palm of my hand and licked it up, again and again.  I don't remember if
that made me feel any better.