[IP] Elevated microalbumin level

My daughter, Laura is 12 and has been a diabetic for 5 years.  We found out
today that her microalbumin level is elevated.  The test indicated that a
reading up to 24 is considered normal but Laura's was 28.  They are having
us redo the test just to rule out a false reading.   They spoke of starting
the normal treatment which is ace inhibitors if we find out it truly is hig.
I am curious if anyone knows if this is truly a high reading or if she is
just barely above the level.  I honestly don't know my facts as I should.

I appreciate any feedback on this as this scares me for her.

Thank you!

Sherri Lynn

Sherri Lynn