[IP] 60 years with the beast

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002 23:42:46 EDT bassem wrote:
>wow tom, thats simply amazing...60 years with the beast!  and the first 40
>without home testing!  unbelievable...are you enduring any major
>complications because of this, and if so, are they being treated...(i hope)

Not yet! It's still only 59. FWIW we had urine testing, and just didn't
realize how poor it was. My kidneys are still ok, and I don't have
significant neuropathy. I have had non-proliferative retinopathy for 38
years, but it has never required treatment. I take eyedrops for glaucoma.
And since 1978 I ride my bicycle. Back in 1991 I rode 10,000 miles, but I'll
probably only get to 1,000 miles this year. I just take each day as it
comes, and spend very little time worrying about what might happen.
Fortunately for me, that's just how my mind works.

Thanks for your words of encouragement.

Tom Beatson
dx 12/9/42, 506 1995, 508 2000