[IP] Cannula Length

I have been on my Animas pump for one whole week and am getting used to it,
love it and have been working on getting basal rates down with a pump trainer.
I have a question about cannula lengths and was hoping some of you would
comment on your experience.  I am using a 10mm Ultraflex.  I love the
Ultraflex...it sticks well and stays on, but sometimes it seems like the
cannula pokes me and feels a bit tender.  Depends on the site.  I actually
changed a site cause I thought something was wrong, but it was fine.  I am
limited to my abdominal area as I have arthritis and can't reach any other
area, except legs, which need a resr after 38 years of injections.  Are the
8mm cannula's long enough for most people?  I am 5'2" and weigh about 125 lbs.
I'm not really thin, but not overweight.  Sorry to be so long winded here.
I'd like some advise.