[IP] leg sites

someone asked about results in leg sites....

i think many people would agree that they find quicker absorption of the
insulin when htey use a leg site rather than a more fat padded area, such as
the buttocks or abdomen.  It is a fact that insulin is transported more
quickly in muscle than in fat, perhaps because of the more efficient blood
flow?  I don't tknow the exact physiology but even in the dark ages of the
70s when I was diagnosed, my doctor told me not to inject into my legs on the
days i was going skiing.

I love leg sites, personally, because of the predictably quick absorbtion.
My problem is I will invariably forget it is THERE and rip the sucker out as
I shuck my trousers running to the bathroom having waited too long to stroll
to the wc in a more relaxed fashion...

Another problem i have with my legs is that I have very little fat on my legs
- yes that is a problem, smart ass....the silhouettes leave a large bump
under the skin - not a "pump bump where the canula went in, but more a raised
lump about an inch or so in diameter.  It is usually "visible" for about a
week, but I can feel the lump under the skin for up to a month...

Leg sites are especially handy when you are having laparotomeys (sp) and
other stomach surgeries...