Re: [IP] different rate examples?

At 12:16 PM 8/7/02 -0400, you wrote:
 >hi all,
 >well, i'm loving the sils now- thanks to all those who responded with
 >their experiences. one more question- now that i'm actually absorbing the
 >insulin, i'm having a really hard time figuring out why when i go to work
 >i go skyhigh. yesterday i hit 384 and didn't eat anything weird. i'm not
 >doing that at home.

Hi Leanne,

I saw a similar pattern.  I had a really cushy job for a while where I
could work from home Tuesday and Thursday and commute to the office
MWF.  Because the commute took about 1-1/4 hours each way I tended to sleep
in on the Tuesdays and Thursdays when I could work from home. After a while
I realized that those were the mornings I tended to wake up with really low
blood sugar.

After doing a bunch of basal testing on both work-at-home and
work-at-the-office days I realized that my basals were set for the
work-at-the-office days, and on those days the stress of hauling my lazy
behiind out of bed at 6:00 in the morning was enough to shoot my blood
sugar up by about 200 mg/dl without even eating anything.  For the days I
was working at home and didn't have that stress my morning basal rate was
way too high.

I solved this by setting up different basal rate profiles; one for working
at home and one for working in the office.  It was pretty successful,
though I did have some difficulty remembering to switch from one profile to
the other at the appropriate time.

Hope this helps,