Re: [IP] Eye Exam

In children, they typically don't start the eye exams
until they've had DM for 5yrs. Since your son has only
been dx'd for 1yr that is probably why he hasn't had
one yet. That said, if you take him for one, I'd take
him to an ophthalmologist unless there is no other
alternative. My daughter was seen by an ophthalmologist
most recently but has also seen an optometrist in the
past, and they've both been great.

Sean said:
I have a question regarding eye exams.  My son, Jake
has never had a dilated retinal exam and I need to know
if I should take him to an Optometrist or an

Sean, pump mom of Jake, 9, dx 07/01, pumping since