RE: [IP] Eye Exam

Paula Willis [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> I have always gone to an opthamolgist since insurance pays for it and
> plus, I don't know if an optometrist is as thorough as they should be for
> a diabetic

I've been to optometrists who were excellent and some who were not.  I've
also been to ophthalmologists who were excellent and some who were not.
FWIW, Kaiser Permanente Georgia pays for a yearly eye exam by an
optometrist, and, if the optometrist sees something that needs an
ophthalmologist's skills/training, etc., can make a direct referral - no
need to go back through the system.

Jim Handsfield