Re: Carrying test supplies was Re: [IP] where to test in school?

On Tue, 6 Aug 2002 email @ redacted wrote:

> > <<  As for the meter...if the teacher can't carry it, or he can't carry it
> > maybe
> > having a meter available at the nurse's office could be an option. >>
>
> We've always had the meter at the nurses office, but this is what we are
> wanting to avoid-----the nurse caused too many problems last year, and
> he's missing too much school going down there.
>
> > <<If you don't mind me asking when can't he have his book bag with him? >>
>
> Middle School.    Sounds crazy, but they don't allow backpacks or book bags
> to be used during the day.    You can bring them to school each day, but

sigh..... simply put in his 504 that he is allowed to carry his back pack
or a fanny pack containing his diabetes supplies. This is SOP for more
progressive school districts that have implemented Medical Needs programs
that include kids with diabetes.

Michael