[IP] Re: Hep C

Your co-worker should definitely NOT discard her lancets at work or any
syringes.    Even fingernail clippers are a danger due to nails being live
tissue.  I know this because I have a sister-in-law with Hep C.  I don't
recall the legal ramifications of telling an employer one has a blood born
disease.  It is against the law for an employer to ask if one has diseases
such as Aids. I am sure Hep C would be included.  Hopefully where you work
takes universal precautions when dealing with certain situations since you
work with young children.  Is she still having her monthly cycles?  If so,
what does she do with her sanitary items?
Again, blood.  My sister-in-law is a nurse and takes great precautions to
protect those around her.

Best of luck