[IP] Re: Hep C

I am hoping someone out there will have some advice/input on how to deal with someone who has type 2 diabetes and Hepatitis C.  I co worker just informed me she has Hep. C.  She is a diabetic and has tester her sugar at our desk for 5 years.  Since I have a son with diabetes she and I have always been close.  She would like to be on a pump but has not as of yet investigated it.  Here is my dilemma.  Does she need to inform our employer.  Should she stop testing at work?  What  would be the universal precautions used in this situation?  I should also note that we work with  young children.  I am torn as her friend and co-worker.  I want to support her but also want to be safe for myself as well as the children we work with.  I would appreciate any advice.  Thanks.