[IP] Emla cream dressings.

From: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: Emala Cream

The tube we got did not come with patches - what are the patches for?  Are
they to put over the infusion site - do they have a numbing effect?  Also,
the tube we got said to put on 30 minutes before - that may be way it's not
working - Thanks, Tammy

In a message dated 7/29/02 10:10:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> How long are you guys leaving on Emla cream before doing infusions.  We're
> We usually leave the cream on for an hour.  We have the small tubes that
> come
> with 2 patches - so should be enough for 2 times.  However, he could get
> least 3 times out of the tube if he had another patch
Emla cream is packed with some occlusive dressings which are to be applied
over the emla after it is put on. It keeps the Emla in contact with the skin
for prolonged period. Saran Wrap or glad wrap works just as well. It just
isn't very medical sounding. so there is your third patch. Emla is expensive
and can create an allergic skin reaction. Try an ice cube in Saran Wrap.
A. L. Bender, M. D.