Re: [IP] Insurance and Novolog

>  I am not surprised to hear that your insurance company will not
>  cover
> novalog.  My insurance company (aetna) will also not cover it.  I
> have to assume an authorization would be fairly easy to come by
> though depending on the willingness of the doctor to get
> involved........

Well.... you can use the same tactics on them that they use on you.
Have your doc write a letter of medical necessity for the Novolog and
point out that you are a pump user and that Novolog is the ONLY
insulin-analog approved by the FDA for use in pumps. That will get
their attention since in all but 2 states, insurance companies are
required to pay for diabetes supplies.