Re: [IP] why does he have to wait?

>>>I read an article in yesterdays newspaper about a little boy in K at one
of our local schools.  He has diabetes and the school staff is very
supportive of his having to test and give insulin shots.  However, the
article said he would have to wait until he is 12 to get an insulin pump!
<snip> Debbie >>>

Please write to the *letters to the editor* column and explain about
children pumping and give the www.insulin-pumpers.org addy as others may
also be interested in children having the ability to pump. This will
probably help more DMers than just this one young person - maybe even some
adults. (~_^)

"The only reason for someone not to pump is because they do not have
diabetes." 8 y/o Mary Cole