Re: [IP] Re: long tubing

Jenny, 13, and I went to DC this summer with her 8th grade class.
Security was tight, but we just told people and check points that she
had an insulin pump. She never once set off the metal detectors. She
disconnected when we went entered the gallery of the US Capitol and left
her pump in a locker along with her camera and my purse. They didn't ask
her to do that, but we thought it was best since she was only
disconnected 15 minutes and we felt like being there at all was a real

The only problem with security on the whole trip was the boat to the
Statue of Liberty. The gal working security did not know what the pump
was and told Jenny to remove it. I intervened and asked for a superviser
or who knew what the pump was and let us through.

Traveling with the pump was easy and enjoyable. The frio pouch kept her
extra insulin cool even when it sat on a tour bus all day. Our biggest
problem was lows at night as a delayed reaction from all the walking in
95 degree heat and humidity. I just set the alarm for 2 p.m. and poked
her finger which I do many nights anyway. I also made sure that we alway
had a Capri Sun container with us in the hotel room and when we were out
during the day.