[IP] Maryland hypo diabetic charged with vehicular mansplaughter

Having just posted about how I do still have lows, no matter how well I try
to keep in control, I thought others might also be interested in this story.
(Was in Washington Post this weekend -- should be on website.  Also on all
the local tv news).  The woman was reported to have been swerving before she
hit another car, causing an accident that killed 2 people.  The report was
that she said she, diabetic for 23 years, was having a hypoglycemic event (my
friend heard a tv report saying her bg was 46, but it was unclear to me when
that was supposed to have been taken.  That same report said her morning test
had been something like 130).  The stated State position was that a diabetic
has a responsibility to take control of her condition; that she had food in
the car, and should have eaten it.  The charge carries a possibility of 10
years in prison.

I don't really have enough information to form a judgment on this particular
case, (questions, yes <gr.>) but, boy, it is indeed a *reminder* to test
before driving, and to not drive if I am questioning my competence (like
those times when my bg is normal but I don't "feel" quite right?  and  a half
hour later my bg is low?).  I hope it also works that way for my friends who
don't test before driving.  (And everyone else who feels overcompetent about
their driving abilities, for whatever reason?)

Linda Z