RE: [IP] why does he have to wait?

"the article said he would have to wait until he is 12 to get an insulin
pump! "

Believe it or not some Dr.'s don't believe putting kids on pumps too early
is a good idea. I have heard excuses from they are too young to understand
to they need to learn how to use shots first.
An old co-worker of mine had to fight for several years with her son's endo.
by she could get the Dr. to approve a pump. I hope you can find that parent
and provide some support.