[IP] Need Help Working with Pacificare

Any & all ideas are appreciated!!

I filled out the paper work last week for an Animas
R1000 pump.  Have used MM since 1993-ish; warranty is
nearly up on the 507C.  My company just negotiated new
insurance coverage through Pacificare.

The problem:  the Pacificare plan has a cap of $1,500
for the pump AND supplies.  Folks from Animas just
called me and gave me the bad news.  I will be out of
pocket by nearly $4,000 up front if I cannot negotiate
a better deal.

So far I've called our HR dept for assistance -
waiting for a call back to see if an exception can be
made for me (single case exemption) from the cap on

The plan seems ludicrous - how in G-d's name can the
insurance limit Pump & Supplies to $1,500?  That
barely covers 5 months of supplies - let alone a pump!

If anyone has been faced with this situation and won -
let me know how & what you did!

-gail in denver
dx 02/14/72 T1 age 11.  Pumping since 1985.

Do You Yahoo!?