[IP] why does he have to wait?

I read an article in yesterdays newspaper about a little boy in K at one of
our local schools.  He has diabetes and the school staff is very supportive
of his having to test and give insulin shots.  However, the article said he
would have to wait until he is 12 to get an insulin pump!  I tried to find
the mothers address and phone number, to no avail.  They had taken him to
Vanderbilt Hospital for diabetes instead of local hospitals.  I am always
amazed at those of you who have young ones who are on the pump and also the
age at which some of your young ones were diagnosed with diabetes.  I admire
all of you for your courage. I chose to adopt instead of having biological
children so I truly admire you all!

dx 3/63
pumping 3/2000