Re: [IP] Re: DKA

> > He very rarely vomits and this seems to be the guideline that the
> > diabetes center is using  -- if he vomits he goes home.

That's ridiculous.   Once you are vomiting, you are already in DKA.
We do school (forget last year!!)  with small and trace ketones.   However,
once he has moderate ones, he needs to be getting out of there.
We've also noted that his immune system suffers when he has high blood
sugars and moderate-large ketones.

He's already feeling sick from the ketones, therefore he IS sick and
shouldn't be expected to stay there.    And in Zach's case he'd end up
actually catching a bug to bring home!

Jennifer (20), Allison (17), Rachel (6)
Fenton, MO