Re: [IP] where to test in school?

< This year I want his monitor to kept in the classroom. I was wonder if
other children are aloud to keep their monitor's in the classroom and what
do they do when the go to their special classes (gym, art, music, ect.) Do
the other  teachers have juice in their room or does your child take their
monitor and  their supplies for lows with them.
> Lisa, mother of Daniel dx 4/17/00, pumping since 4/18/02.

    Caitlyn keeps her testing supplies in the classroom.  I also provide a
box with crackers, juice boxes, glucose tablets and gel(the gel is at the
request of the district nurse) and extra testing supplies.  I was adament
that her supplies and box be kept in the classroom.  Her aide sends me notes
home when supplies need to be replenished.
    As for P.E., her classroom was right next to the playground and she
tested prior to going out for P.E.  Her testing kit was never taken to music
or computers, but those teachers watched her for signs of highs and lows and
called the aide to come with the kit if they had any concerns.
    I hope this helps!  Feel free to e-mail me if you have any more

Carrie, mom to Caitlyn, dx'd 20 months, 7 Y.O. and starting 2nd grade soon,
pumping happily for two years!