Re: [IP] Strength and Volume

I'd like to learn more about this because I'd like to write a paper on it at some
I understand that volume and strength are two different physical quantities. What I
was trying to get at is that it sounds like the volume of dilutant  vs. insulin is
what determines the strength.  So therefore there exists somewhere a "pure" insulin
(before it is mixed with a dilutant)

Are the syringes for different strengths marked off differently? I think I remember
learning about different colored caps way back when I was diagnosed. So the orange
cap syringe must be used with the orange cap insulin . Except humalog breaks the
rule and its cap is cherry red even though it's used with an orange capped syringe.
Hmm this could get complicated.

So therefore it is the size of a "unit" that varies with strength. So if you know
the strength of the insulin concentration,  you could improvise like in ana
emergency in another country?